Performance Chip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Performance Chip

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
RingRingRing
1998 ZJ 

Performance Chip

Anyone ever use these things? Are they worth $250?

I am looking at a NIB JET Powertech Stage 1 Performance Chip...

Thanks for the help.

RingRingRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

I havnt heard the best of things about them, all they are are an inline chip, and sometimes they dont fit flush and can vibrate loose and cause a crank but no start condition, some people do a comp flash, dont know if they make one for your app, but i guess the chip is just a plug and play deal, and sometimes it wont fit tight like it should and will just vibrate off. so if you buy it and it fits tight, roll with it and let us know how it goes!
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

dont waste ur money.
the computer eventually "learns" the upgrade, and says F-you to the chip and reverts everything to stock.
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

That is true too, but are you sure it is in this case? i know most chip makers will put some kind of a disable on that relearn? it would be pointless of them to sell it and then have it returned later due to the customer saying the chip isnt working anymore. just a thought.. but overall i would say screw it and spend the money on your suspension
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.