PCV Valve on Valve Cover? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > PCV Valve on Valve Cover?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
melk
1996 ZJ 

Thanks for the info. Any pointers on how to remove the valve cover?

melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #17
xjokee
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It should pop right off. It did on my '02 WJ. My XJ needed a gentle tap with a rawhide mallet. DO NOT pry on the lip of the cover with a screwdriver!
Mike
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #18
melk
1996 ZJ 

Do you need to replace the gasket when you take the valve cover off? I know you should, and I will at some point but it's like a $40 gasket.

I'd like to take off the cover and clean up the crank case, but I guess I'll just wait until I can afford to buy the replacement gasket.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #19
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Make sure you also replace the grommets that hold the valve thingys in the valve cover.
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
The problem with this is that technically this is part of the emissions system. And if you are in an area that requires inspections, it would fail the visual inspection for removing factory equipment.
Put on a catch can and then you can still be legal and keep the crap out of your intake. They're cheap to buy and/or easy to make yourself. The WJ has a PCV valve that I put a catch can on AND it has a continuous crank breather to the intake (explian that one!). I plan on putting a catch on that line as well.
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #21
greenzj94
1994 ZJ 

Thanks for the info guys

Getting ready to replace the CCV on my 94 and just wanted to to thank everyone for the information. Someone mentioned getting a hold of a Jeep service manual other than the Haynes one...where can you get them I didn't see any listing on Amazon.

Thanks all.

Mark
greenzj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #22
TumorNamedMarla
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A subscription to alldatadiy.com gives you access to the service manual. The Haynes manual and JeepForum have provided me with answers to all my XJ build questions though. The schematics drawings are nice though.

Last edited by TumorNamedMarla; 06-19-2011 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: no edit
TumorNamedMarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #23
lakotaed
1994 ZJ 

I replaced my gasket once and thought about replacing the elbows, but they were both clear and just needed a blast of cleaner and some work. Still, I was lost as to how to get these hard plastic pieces out...that's right, they were so dang hard that I assumed they were phenolic plastic or something like that. I would have never thought they were rubber at one point. I tried to pop one off and it chipped just like plastic. Maybe next time I have a leak from the valve cover they will come out. At least now I know what I am in for and can prepare accordingly, thanks a bunch.
lakotaed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.