Pcm doa - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pcm doa

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
sccs
1994 ZJ 

Pcm doa

A few weeks ago I had a CEL come on. Took it to the dealer to fix. He told me the IAC motor was out. Replaced IAC motor but was having problems getting IAC to work. After further testing the dealer told me the PCM is going out. He could get a PCM for about $850, I said no thanks. Decided to bring it home and have the PCM sent to A1 Cardone through my local auto store. After waiting 3 weeks I called the auto parts store and they told me the PCM could not be R&R'd. Does anyone know of a way of getting a PCM for a 94 JGC Laredo. After doing some research this is the only year that will work on my vehicle, I can not interchange with any other years.

sccs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

salvage or buy a "new" one.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
96ZJDave
1996 ZJ 

i am having this same problem right now, but i had a map sensor issue, which the iac and map sensor are essentially on the same circuits. i found a website that will preprogram a rebuild pcm and ship it to you, ready to go into your vehicle for around $280 shipped. I will be ordering one this friday and should have it in next week sometime. i can let you know how it goes when i get it in. the website is jeepgrandcherokeepcm.com
96ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
sccs
1994 ZJ 

Ratmonkey where can you buy a new PCM at????

96zjDave I heard nothing but bad things about the company in Davies,Florida. Hope you have better luck than most.
sccs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccs View Post
Ratmonkey where can you buy a new PCM at????

96zjDave I heard nothing but bad things about the company in Davies,Florida. Hope you have better luck than most.
you can't. that's why it's in quotes. they're all remanufactured by now.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
daczj

I got mine from Advance auto parts three years ago for my 97 4.0. It cost around $265.
daczj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
96ZJDave
1996 ZJ 

I actually just picked mine up from a local Napa store for $260 programmed and ready to go. I have some other wiring issues keeping it from running but after I fix them I'll let you know the results. Should have it done tomorrow.
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
96ZJDave
1996 ZJ 

So after fixing the couple other problems, I was able to confirm my pcm was bad still. Had an internal short to ground and no 5v reference. Replaced the pcm and it works just fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.