passenger side door issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > passenger side door issues

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

passenger side door issues

I took the doors off from some wheeling this weekend since its so nice out. I out them back on and the drivers side works as normal but the passenger side isn't. Onlybthe speaker is working. My keyless also quit. I am going to look at the wires after work today. Anyone have a similar issue?

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Where did you unhook the wires or did you just cut them and splice back together reason I ask is because I wanted to remove mine as well on sunday but could not find a way to unhook wires without cutting
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
D3V0311
1997 ZJ 

squazz.... not sure if urs are the same due to 5 year difference, but i had to remove my door to reweld a hing that busted off. under the black rubber "shoe" that the wires go into on the inside of door jam, i pulled that off and up the wires and thers a yellow "clip" that retains the actually wire plug into the door, pulled that out and i could seperate the wires the correct way.
D3V0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

yea on my 95 when i take the doors off, all i had to do was unscrew the security screw in the shoe that connects all the wires from the door to the body and unclipped it. no cutting or splicing required.
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
R.I.P. Ratmonkey...Your now wheelin with the angels
VolcomPunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.