Passenger floor wet. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Passenger floor wet.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Passenger floor wet.

yes I know to search and yada, but I did. And also did what the FAQ said to do. I drilled that hole, blew it out and everything...

Also with the air sound inside the Heater core, did the BURP thang too and still hear air inside it. Water sloshing around....

Now what should or can I do? Im thinking of replacing the heater core, is it hard? And what else or other reason why the floor is soaked????

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
yes I know to search and yada, but I did. And also did what the FAQ said to do. I drilled that hole, blew it out and everything...

Also with the air sound inside the Heater core, did the BURP thang too and still hear air inside it. Water sloshing around....

Now what should or can I do? Im thinking of replacing the heater core, is it hard? And what else or other reason why the floor is soaked????
Did you seriously read the all the threads covering wet passenger floor or you just in denial?
PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 5.9 View Post
Did you seriously read the all the threads covering wet passenger floor or you just in denial?
Ive read a good amount why? My floor is still went after many attempts. So why laugh? I dont think it is funny, or to your amusement my rotting Floor
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
savannahzj
1998 ZJ 

Did you see the info on cutting in the wheel well and putting an extension tube on the ac drain? This will take care of your problem if the drain is clear. But it sounds like you have evaporator problems as well, so i dont know... Pull the carpet back, drive it with ac on at highway speeds and have a passenger look for leaks. The drain tube extension took care of mine
savannahzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahzj View Post
Did you see the info on cutting in the wheel well and putting an extension tube on the ac drain? This will take care of your problem if the drain is clear. But it sounds like you have evaporator problems as well, so i dont know... Pull the carpet back, drive it with ac on at highway speeds and have a passenger look for leaks. The drain tube extension took care of mine
^THIS!^ Still waiting for time to cut into my frame rail.
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #6
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahzj View Post

link, photo, pix????

Would be helpful. Also I dont see where it can be leaking from. i tryed everything. Just know there is a puddle after everyday, even if the ac is off
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
sebian
1995 ZJ 

If it is the AC drain tube that is causing the leak, it is coming back in from the engine compartment, through a rotted foam seal where the tube exits the firewall.

Now if it is still leaking while you are not using the AC, you might be looking at a heater core, or evap core leak. That job is a PITA as you have to remove the dash to get either of them out.

But first, I would make sure that what you are seeing is indeed water and not coolant.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebian View Post
If it is the AC drain tube that is causing the leak, it is coming back in from the engine compartment, through a rotted foam seal where the tube exits the firewall.

Now if it is still leaking while you are not using the AC, you might be looking at a heater core, or evap core leak. That job is a PITA as you have to remove the dash to get either of them out.

But first, I would make sure that what you are seeing is indeed water and not coolant.
Wow that was a dumb last sentance, I need to know water from Coolant. Cmon guy do I look that stuipd or dumb or do I really sound that pathetic??? If I do sorry.

Bt yes I think I have a Bad Heater Core I know I do cuz I can hear waater slosh back n forth even after Burping, and My coolant level drops every day.

So How hard can it be to replace a heater core? The whole entire dash has to come off really? **** if it does Idk what Im gunna do I dont want a ruined floor board.
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Ive read a good amount why? My floor is still went after many attempts. So why laugh? I dont think it is funny, or to your amusement my rotting Floor
Is the foam gasket where the drain goes through the firewall wet?

Did you consider the fact that the clog may be in the heater/AC box? If nothing else is working for you, you probably need to replace the evaporator and replace the heater core while you're at it. It's not hard, it just takes a while.
PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
sebian
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Wow that was a dumb last sentance, I need to know water from Coolant. Cmon guy do I look that stuipd or dumb or do I really sound that pathetic??? If I do sorry.
Hey, I was just trying to help you. So you can F-off if you want to pop off like that.

Some people may not think to check if it is coolant or water, so I was stating an obvious and simple check to do. I also don't know your mechanical ability which weighs into what I would say to someone.

Unread 08-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebian View Post
Hey, I was just trying to help you. So you can F-off if you want to pop off like that.

Some people may not think to check if it is coolant or water, so I was stating an obvious and simple check to do. I also don't know your mechanical ability which weighs into what I would say to someone.
Choupa mi wavos buddy. Ite, and if you was tryn to help, Why dont you talk in a manner where it would be helpful. Hahaha Gotta love the internet Tuff Guys
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 5.9 View Post
Is the foam gasket where the drain goes through the firewall wet?

Did you consider the fact that the clog may be in the heater/AC box? If nothing else is working for you, you probably need to replace the evaporator and replace the heater core while you're at it. It's not hard, it just takes a while.
Its water on the floor NOT Coolant. And what foam gasket are we talking about? And what part of the car are we looking from?

Also How will One know his Heater Core is bad? Or Clogged??? I know I am losing Coolant. I am not burning it and there are not Huge Puddles under the car. I see some Coolant near the SHuttle Cock but its not worn or seems to be loose.

Not sure where to start or where to go with this. Just know its an Issue and I rather Replace the core than anything. Cuz this jeep will be with me for Years beyond years. Its my Beach Buggy!
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
sebian
1995 ZJ 

I believe the expression you are looking for is chupa mi huevos.

I was telling you to F-off because you are an *******. Not because I am playing "internet tough guy".

But I must digress, and bow down before the forum lord!

Unread 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Good and Ill be that A$$$hole. You are though buddy you came out of Charecter. I ant no forum Lord nor would I be. But thanks again buddy. This just shows your intelligence
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
Derph
1994 ZJ 

If it's not coolant, what makes you think it's the heater core?
Derph is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.