Part Identification - What is this part called? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Part Identification - What is this part called?

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
jgphreaky
1993 ZJ 

Part Identification - What is this part called?

I replaced my brake master cylinder today and accidentally broke off a little yellow sensor that was screwed into this little metal block that connects all the brake lines together and joins them with the master cylinder. I don't have access to a junkyard that will let me pull the part i need, and i have no idea what it is called or its part number to search for one on the internet. For the time being my friend and I rigged up a plug for where it screws into the block and it doesn't seem to be leaking right now. I would like to fix it properly though if possible.

I have a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L V6 4WD

Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. It's the little yellow thing in my hand. The threaded part was broken off so I'm holding it up near where it screwed into the metal box.

Any know the name of this part or its part number?

jgphreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

I believe that's just the switch that lights the brake warning light on your dash when you have a brake failure.
It's probably part of the proportioning valve assembly.
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

That's the brake pressure differential switch. It activates the brake warning lamp in the dash if there's a loss of fluid pressure.

EDIT - Kruzin got there ahead of me

I've checked the parts catalog for 1993, and it's not listed separately, so it looks like it comes with the combination valve package.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
Sourlemon
1996 ZJ 

It is part of the proportioning valve, but I don't know the part number, I think it is a pressure sensor/sender... I can't find just the sensor, just the whole unit with the part attached
Unread 05-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
jgphreaky
1993 ZJ 

Thanks guys! Now that I know what it is called and what it does, the search can begin. I miss the days when i lived 5 minutes from a junkyard that let you pull whatever you wanted.
jgphreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

And just a head's up - you don't have a V6, you have an I6 (inline).
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Try carpart.com
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.