Parasitic Drain Fix - Could it be this simple?
I put a new battery in my 98 ZJ this past fall, hadn't had any problems over the winter.....then over the past month or so I slowly started to have problems. It's not a DD and I thought I just wasn't driving it enough, it would hold the charge for a week, then 4 days, then finally when it wouldn't hold a charge more than a couple of days I figured I had a parasitic drain. I researched some different post on tracing those down but was really confused and pressed for time so had decided to take it to an auto electric place. I had read a post about the tail gate switch being bad and freaking out the BCM and when I was loading some stuff in the back I noticed the screws holding the gate latch in place were loose......I tighten 'em up and now the drain seems to have disappeared. Could it have been that simple that the latch was loose and hence the switch inside the lift gate wasn't working properly.