Painted ZJ Cladding And C Pillars Today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Painted ZJ Cladding And C Pillars Today

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Painted ZJ Cladding And C Pillars Today

I've been wanting to do this for awhile but never got around to it. Anyone who is considering doing this I would highly recommend it. My ZJ looks 100% better then it did with the faded grey panels.

I used three cans of Krylon Fusion gloss black. Two coats. I am very impressed with how it turned out. Looks like a different ZJ now. The pictures don't do the justice because the sun was so bright, but the cladding looks amazing.

I used the same spray paint on the C pillars, it accents the cladding very well and blends in with all the weatherstripping.

JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
gearheadnick
1997 ZJ 

Copy and paste the IMG Code. Looks good. I've been wanting to do the same thing to my jeep, I just haven't had the time lately.
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Jimh64
1995 ZJ 

i used the krylon satin black and got the same results! it is a great product!
Jimh64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadnick View Post
Copy and paste the IMG Code...
Yep... copy the IMG Code from your PhotoBucket page, then paste into the JF reply area.

For large pics, JF will downsize for display.

Nice job on the cladding!
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Looks great! Look better if you ditched the ricer taillights but to each his own
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
StellaTheZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonStebbins View Post
I used the same spray paint on the C pillars, it accents the cladding very well and blends in with all the weatherstripping.
Not to be a jerk here, but I think the vents you painted are on the D pillar. I only mention it because I was hoping you'd actually painted the C pillar!

I've seen a thread where someone photoshopped a black C pillar, and it looked like it might work on some ZJs. It continues the dark area of the tinted windows, and makes the Jeep look longer, different.
StellaTheZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for all the replies. Like I said, it looks night and day better then it did with they gray cladding. Anybody with faded cladding should do this. It costed a total of $20 for 3 cans of Krylon Fusion and one roll of 50 yard masking tape for over spray. Took about 2 hours, that's with waiting 20 minutes in between for the first coat to dry.

Glad I know how to do the click free now

Those "ricer" tail lights are much brighter at night and the reverse lights are much more efficient with the clear lens. But to each their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaTheZJ View Post
Not to be a jerk here, but I think the vents you painted are on the D pillar.
You are absolutely right, my mistake

Maybe I'll paint the C pillars next.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.