Paint, Help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Paint, Help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #16
wmchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasefingers
Leave it alone, as someday you will ultimately become gray.
Pacifist. . .

wmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmchurch
Pacifist. . .
Hey you & I have the same model year Jeep. Every dent, scratch, and mark at this point adds characterů or can be considered a battle scar. Most people I know would not drive a 12-year-old vehicle. Every day is icing on the cake with no payments to the FRICKIN bank

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #18
wmchurch

Hehe, I'm right there with you buddy. I really do want a fresh coat of paint though, just makes that no car payment that much sweeter. I also find it annoys people when I tell them it's 12 years old. hehe And I say "I've never had a problem with it" haha lies! As long as they don't come to this site, they'll never know. hehe
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #19
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

The advantage of owning an old jeep is that you get to learn. Bad CPS, warped rotors, dead fuel pump, death wobble, etc is all knowledge for the decades of future vehicles that you will own. If you plan correctly, you will be able to scream at you son (like Paul Teutul Senior, in the Orange County Choppers) and have them perform the work once you are tried

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #20
wmchurch

I agree 100%, I owned late 80's and early 90's Mercedes for the same reason. I knew everything that could go wrong with them, and knew how to fix them because I saw it happen to everyone else first on the mailing list I was on. All in all, fairly reliable cars. The new models these days though, ugh. . .

But, paint is there for more than just looks. I have a lot of salt water around me, and it eats metal like a fat kid eats ( or I eat ) cake. I have to keep up on bare metal or I'll be driving around in a rust bucket.

Suggested Threads
  • pj7 paint - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (9 replies)
  • paint - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (2 replies)
  • Paint - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (9 replies)
  • paint job - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (4 replies)
  • Paint? - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (8 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.