p1762 code 1996 grand cherokee..please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > p1762 code 1996 grand cherokee..please help

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
sexyvic1

p1762 code 1996 grand cherokee..please help

hello, everyone, i have a 1996 Grand Cherokee 4.0L

i got the code P1762 which said governor pressure sensor off-set.

when i went to jeep for the part they told me there were 2 different ones? i was a bit confused.

i think he may have ment the sensor and the solnoid. do u guys know which one i would need, i think it is the sensor, but i was told that the code is the same for both.

also is this sensor inside the tranny or on the exterior?

the problem i am having with the truck is that it is very slugish in the takeoff and then it is fine after a bit. sometimes, it is fine in the takeoff, but after a little stop and go it becomes sluggish again.

i appriciate all the help in advance, thank you

sexyvic1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.