Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

p1698

15K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tjlmbklr 
#1 · (Edited)
Code popped up after I reinstalled engine. The battery was out for around a month. 2001 grand cherokee limited w/4.7. No connections that went to the tranny was disconnected. What is CCD? My scanner come up with the code and "manufacturer controlled computer and auxillary outputs" Thanks.

#3 ·
The ECM can not talk to the TCM, did you plug in the tranny controller, maybe check all of your connections

Symptom:
P1698-NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TCM
POSSIBLE CAUSES
NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TRANS INTERMITTENT
NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TRANS
PCM PCI BUS CIRCUIT OPEN
TEST ACTION APPLICABILITY
1 Ignition on, engine not running.
With the DRBIIIt, read DTCs.
Is the Good Trip Counter displayed and equal to zero?
All
Yes ! Go To 2
No ! Refer to the INTERMITTENT CONDITION Symptom (Diagnostic
Procedure).
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1.
Note: This DTC could have been set when the TCM is disconnected for
transmission Diagnostics.
2 Connect the DRBIIIt and access Powertrain Control Module.
Note: This test checks for other PCI BUS codes. That indicates diferent
circuits in the BUS.
With the DRBIIIt, read DTCs.
Is a DTC also set for NO SKIM BUS MESSAGE and/or No MIC BUS MESSAGE?
All
Yes ! Go To 3
No ! Inspect the TCM Fused Ignition Switch circuits and ground
circuits.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1.

#4 ·
The only thing that goes to the tranny that was disconnected was the lines. That all was needed to be disconnected. I found my answer. Talked to a mech friend and the dealer service, both told me the the pcm or tcm (forgot which one) needed to be reflashed. Due to the battery being disconnected over a certain amount of time. Can't communicate if there is nothing to communicate. Thanks for the help though. Will let you know if that is really the problem.

#7 ·
sorry, I realize this an old post but did you ever resolve this issue? I am having same problem after pulling my motor

#6 ·
did you boost the battery to get things going?
a voltage spike can erase computers
you need to do a check and see if you pinched a wire somewhere , bellhousing , brackets ect
then you nned to test the data buss for activity
check all the fuse , I'm not sure on the grand without checking but the earlier chryslers used the cigar fuse for powering up the CCD buss
whats happening is the TCM can't tell the PCM the trans is in neutral and it's ok to crank the motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.