P0463 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > P0463

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep parts, deals and more at JeepHut.comTJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" l

Unread 02-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
LowBudgetZJ
1998 ZJ 

P0463

Fuel Level Sending Unit Volts High.

Thoughts, tips and advice appreciated. I used the search but didn't find much.

I have been getting this code intermittently. Can probably drive a month or so before setting the code again after clearing it. Although dash fuel gauge bounces pretty regularly for the most part it will not set a code.

The FSM calls for using DRB to measure the voltage. Any way to do this accurately with a multimeter? Doesn't look like my actron scanner has fuel level sending unit voltage when attached to zj.

Unread 02-12-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

It sounds like it's pretty solidly hosed, which is unfortunate given its location.

Shouldn't be too hard to measure voltage, if you can find a point to do it. It's probably just gonna do the same thing that your fuel gauge is doing.

I don't remember if the fuel level sender is part of the pump or not, I think it is. If you don't have a record of the pump being done I'd just go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 04:53 AM   #3
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

x2. If your dropping the tank go for the gold. Use mopar or bosch pump assy. If you need wiring diagrams to test let me know and i will post.
Unread 02-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
LowBudgetZJ
1998 ZJ 

Looks like I can pickup a Bosch pump assembly with level sending unit from Rock Auto, $155.

Anyone know the OEM for mopar?
Unread 02-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
LowBudgetZJ
1998 ZJ 

Looks like Delphi is OEM. Funny it is cheaper than the Bosch, $95 on RA.
Unread 02-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
MrRoundel
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBudgetZJ View Post
Looks like I can pickup a Bosch pump assembly with level sending unit from Rock Auto, $155.
There's a discount code floating around in a recent thread. You might want to find it and apply to your order. I believe it is 5% off. And, this morning, HighLonesome just put up a similar discount for Moparonlineparts.com (?), should you decide to go Mopar.

It's my understanding that Bosch is/was OEM. Regardless, the consensus is to go with either Bosch or Mopar, especially with tank-drop models like the '98.

FWIW: I was just checking out some information on the Matco site yesterday, when I found a page that showed the recalls for various vehicles. There was a recall for "aftermarket" fuel-pumps made by Airtex. Recall # 56416. Just FYI.

Last edited by MrRoundel; 02-13-2015 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Airtex never OEM/mopar"online"parts.com
MrRoundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #7
LowBudgetZJ
1998 ZJ 

Thanks, I'll check for that coupon.

Here's the link to the Delphi pump on Rock Auto. The second picture has the Chrysler logo and it states it's the OE. Not sure if that is true or not? If not anyone have luck running a Delphi Fuel pump?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...554&cc=1315963

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.