Overhead Console Wiring Connections - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Overhead Console Wiring Connections

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
scott502

Overhead Console Wiring Connections

I recently bought a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It has a few parts that look as if they have been replaced, the most annoying is the over head console. The lights don't work. I took the console down to find that the wiring coming in to the console connectors aren't connected to anything. The problem is the connections coming in don't match the connectors on the console unit. Is there a harness that connects the wires coming in to the console unit?

The two connectors coming in:

The two ends I need to connect to:

scott502 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
jetboy287
1993 ZJ 

This may help you or it may not. I just spent the last two days trying to get one working on my 93 GC

http://www.ewoutvb.com/howto/6-how-t...tall?showall=1

Good luck. It has the pinout and Wire colors
jetboy287 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
scott502

Awesome thanks! That's a really good resource, I am surprised I didn't run across that yet, I have searched google for hours looking for an answer. I am going to hit a junk yard or two this week and try to find the parts I need.
scott502 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

I wonder if your overhead console was replaced with one from a 93-95 model, I've read that they are not compatible with 96+ ZJ's.
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]93' Grand Wagoneer 5.2[/B][/COLOR]- Dad's
[COLOR="Red"]93' Grand Cherokee 4.0 Ltd. (Deceased)[/COLOR]
Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
jetboy287
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakoswolf
I wonder if your overhead console was replaced with one from a 93-95 model, I've read that they are not compatible with 96+ ZJ's.
And like Lakoswolf said the plugs on your console look just like the ones on mine which I pulled out of a 94 gc just fyi
jetboy287 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
electrical , overhead console , wiring harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.