Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

overhead console

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  -Joe- 
#1 ·
OK, I just purchased a console from a 95'zj and installed it on my 94'(mine quit working). Well everything works except the directions. When pointed North it says SW. I've tried pulling the battery cable. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
If you hold down both buttons and turn the ignition on it will perform a self test.

Manual states to use a stainless steel screw to mount it. And taking the vehicle in 3 complete turns will recalibrate it.

Mabye something has gotten magnetized near it, did you use a magnetic bit or something near it?

#3 ·
well, I tried tried holding down both buttons. Now it says NW:rolleyes: I also tried turning 3 times in a circle(in the car):D all that did was attract the attention of the local law enforcement:doh: . I need to get a stainless screw and try that.

#4 ·
Dont have any magnetic satellite radio or magnetic cb antennas on the roof near it?

Its says make the turns in no less then 48 seconds.. Seems crazy to me

Supposely holding down the buttons will cause it to do a led segment test and run thru the compass stuff.. Ive never tried it

#5 ·
nope nothing on the roof. I'll try the circle thing again tomorrow.

#7 ·
Reswob said:
Maybe you just have no sence of direction:D
That's true. All I can say is thank God for Garmin:D

#8 ·
Ok, Changed the mounting screw to a stainless one. Works perfectly now.:2thumbsup: My hats off to you -Joe-:thumbsup: First rounds on me if you're ever in my neck of the woods:cheers2:

#9 ·
coonash said:
Ok, Changed the mounting screw to a stainless one. Works perfectly now.:2thumbsup: My hats off to you -Joe-:thumbsup: First rounds on me if you're ever in my neck of the woods:cheers2:
Glad it was something simple..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.