Overdrive problem...Code 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Overdrive problem...Code 23

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
CaseyC
1994 ZJ 

Overdrive problem...Code 23

Drove my 94 ZJ 4.0 to the grocery store. When I came back out noticed a puddle of water under the engine, on the manifold side. Did a quick inspection and found that one of the freeze plugs had corrosion and was leaking. I hadn't lost much coolant, so I drove it home. On the way, it stopped going into overdrive. I haven't driven it since then, but today I went out and pulled the O/D codes and came up with a 23 "Converter clutch solenoid output". Is it possible that the water shorted out the solenoid connector on the side of the tranny?

Thanks,

CaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.