Optrix XD4 iPhone Action Camera - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Optrix XD4 iPhone Action Camera

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 09-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
ELMCZJ95

Optrix XD4 iPhone Action Camera

Quick review on my action camera iPhone case. So I was looking around at GoPros for awhile trying to find a suitable video camera to record some videos on the trail, but a decent GoPro with good options will run you somewhere over $250+. Did a little research and found the Optrix XD4 case for the iPhone 4s. Definitely worth the money, it makes your iPhone very competitive against a GoPro for about 1/3rd of the cost (paid $109 for the motorsports package). Check out the video below for a test run. If the video seems to lag, its your computer, not the phone. Runs smooth as anything on my phone but lags a little bit on my computer due to the high definition. Check it out!

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

You better hope that suction cup doesn't fall off with your phone on it. For what the new hero3 go pro can do I'd take that over using my phone. Plus if you get a good warranty through where you buy it you won't have to worry about it. versus your phone falling off and your buddy running over it.

all H3 gopros

Not to rain on your parade, just my thoughts. btw if you are going to use the suction cup mount more try to keep it on glass over paint. paint won't hold it like glass will.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
ELMCZJ95

I strongly considered the GoPro black, however I don't think I would use it enough to justify the cost. This is right up my alley for having something decently cheap to use every once in awhile.
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
David97
1995 ZJ 

Are there other cases for other phones? Like the Galaxy S3/S4's? Not a iPhone fan lol
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Oh I feel ya on that my gopro 1 stopped working I got it as a gift but I couldn't justify replacing it for how often I used it. When I could use that money towards the jeep.

But I now use the hero2 that my buddy lets me use since mine crapped out.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
ELMCZJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by David97 View Post
Are there other cases for other phones? Like the Galaxy S3/S4's? Not a iPhone fan lol
I'm not sure, if you looked around online I think you could probably find some.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.