Opinions on this Niner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Opinions on this Niner?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Ket72
1998 ZJ 

Opinions on this Niner?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=24&Log=0

I noticed it is missing the hood vents and that makes me think it's been hit or something in the past? or should i try to buy it because of the fact it's a niner? Lol

Ket72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Most likely was in an accident. No niner grille either. People dont just swap that **** for no reason.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

Man if I had that money I would pick it up haha but that was my plan next tax return :fingerscrossed
zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Ket72
1998 ZJ 

I may be selling my z71 and I'm niner hunting lol. I thought it was odd but for the price who could say no?? xD
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Unless there was some frame damage - I wouldn't over-think the accident. This is priced right - and you haven't even bargained yet. I'd go for it.
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Ket72
1998 ZJ 

I am definitely interested in it if i sell my Z71. The jeep is about 7 hours away from me though lol. I will let you all know if i happen to make it out there
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
a70eliminator

Am I missing something as nowhere did i see a mention of 5.9 liter engine, are you going by an emblem that somebody put on it>
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a70eliminator View Post
Am I missing something as nowhere did i see a mention of 5.9 liter engine, are you going by an emblem that somebody put on it>
It's a 5.9. They are not advertising it well. It's got everything a 5.9 would have minus the grill and hood. It wouldn't be cost effective to put the 5.9 trim, interior, exhaust, decals, and rims on a 5.2 then sell it for 3 grand. You wouldn't make any money.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Any takers on the red engine square lighting up on the vic? hmmm....bad coolant sensor? haha
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
a70eliminator

Aha! see I don't know all this yet for i'm a brand new 5.9 owner and just learning, I have 3 95's.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Aha! see I don't know all this yet for i'm a brand new 5.9 owner and just learning, I have 3 95's.
IF that's the case...
Mine was an easy fix. $15 sensor and re soldered the vic.
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

I think it's definitely been hit in the front end at some point. Check for frame damage, if there is some, run.
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
You can also run the VIN through the Auto Check Report and it tells that it is a 5.9. It also reports that it hit an animal in 2003 and hit another car in 2010 that both caused minor to moderate damage on the front of the vehicle. (probably explains the grill and hood)
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It would be a nice sleeper. Put V6 badges on it
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
Ket72
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingr98 View Post
You can also run the VIN through the Auto Check Report and it tells that it is a 5.9. It also reports that it hit an animal in 2003 and hit another car in 2010 that both caused minor to moderate damage on the front of the vehicle. (probably explains the grill and hood)
What do you think the chances are of the frame being bent or something worse being wrong with it? I'd have to drive it around 6 hours to get it home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.