only one power window not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > only one power window not working

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 12-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

only one power window not working

well, i'm just about ready to give up and take the jeep to the "stealer-ship". I've spent many hours looking for tears, ripps, in the wiring and the connectors. anyhow, here's the scenario. last summer i noticed that my driver side REAR window wouldn't go up. i sucks, because when you think all your windows are up you get out and see that the one window you can't see from the driver seat is down. now i gone had it with the window, so i tore off the door panel and took a look at the control console thing. took out the connectors and put them back in. i traced the wiring harness to the side of the car which then i disappears. but yah, now that's it the winter, rain starts to get in and i forget that the window is open. like the window works it goes up and down... from that switch only. not the master. at first i thought it might be a fuse, but all the others work, so i ruled that out. and well im just about to give up. but before i do, i thought i'd give the boards a shot. so there it is. any solutions? suggestions? comments? sarcasms? etc.... ?
well thanks in advance.
EY

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

Have you checked the wiring harness connected to the drivers door? This is a common problem area. The harness was built a little too short and after a few years some of the wires will break. Since all of the windows can be controlled from the drivers door there is wire for each window in the harness. To check it, open the drivers door and locate the rubber boot that covers the wiring harness. Remove the boot from one end and inspect the wires. You may find several that have split insulation and/or complete breaks. To fix them you will need to solder in a short piece of wire to any breaks and cover it with heat shrink tubing.

Some people avoid more problems by removing the entire harness and rebuilding it with new wires all the way to the connectors.

Good Luck.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 11:16 PM   #3
REDDOG55

it is the wire harness...the same thing happend to me in the rain...a new one would be a lot of $$....i had mine redone
REDDOG55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.