One More Question Regarding 96 Grand Cherokee AC Water Leak - Pass Side - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > One More Question Regarding 96 Grand Cherokee AC Water Leak - Pass Side

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
musec07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hello ElCamino ManT ...Your fix looks better than the highly shared one I've seen... Please do remember to get those specs! If you advertiose your work on radio ...I'll make you a custom radio spot that will stand out in your market. That's what I do for a living! I'll be happy to trade!

musec07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaminoManT View Post
i ran a piece of hose out into the fender well so the water wouldnt be draining thru the 'frame rail'.
Wouldn't water go into the drain and frame rail when running on a wet highway? Mud clog the drain?

I think the reason they made it drain into the frame rail was to keep it from getting plugged.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #18
ElCaminoManT
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musec07 View Post
Hello ElCamino ManT ...Your fix looks better than the highly shared one I've seen... Please do remember to get those specs! If you advertiose your work on radio ...I'll make you a custom radio spot that will stand out in your market. That's what I do for a living! I'll be happy to trade!
sorry, i just got home from a VERY long day. ill do my best to get the measurements tomorrow when i still have some light to see what im doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Wouldn't water go into the drain and frame rail when running on a wet highway? Mud clog the drain?

I think the reason they made it drain into the frame rail was to keep it from getting plugged.
doubt it, its not in the path of water and mud that is being flung from the tire. then again, the amount of water and mud that we deal with out here is a LOT less than others see around the country. i suppose if you wanted to get really fancy, id bet there is a preformed hose piece somewhere out there that would make it possible to come out into the fender and then point down for further protection and one could seal up the hole around the hose with silicone or something to keep the frame rail dry
1993 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L/42RE 242 4x4. 3" springs. Front and rear RC tubular lowers. Rusty's adjustable rear uppers. RE double-sheer front track bar. JKS adjustable rear track bar. Bilstein 5100s. 31" Falken Rocky Mountain A/T. 15" Eagle wheels. V8 steering linkage.
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
ElCaminoManT
1993 ZJ 

here ya go. guess i got lucky but its 4 inches to the center of the hole you want to drill from the access hole for the upper suspension arm bolt and 1 inch out from the seam in the body

1993 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L/42RE 242 4x4. 3" springs. Front and rear RC tubular lowers. Rusty's adjustable rear uppers. RE double-sheer front track bar. JKS adjustable rear track bar. Bilstein 5100s. 31" Falken Rocky Mountain A/T. 15" Eagle wheels. V8 steering linkage.
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Thank you! Can't get much clearer than that!
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.