Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

one last driveshaft question, i promise..

542 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lakailimited06 
#1 ·

thats the double/double im working with..from what i've seen so far of these things mounted, the skinny welded side is usually mounted closer to the axle and the black thick part of the shaft is mounted to the TC side..however my driveshaft came with the TC yoke on the silver skinny welded side and the Axle side yoke on the black thick side..

-since its a double/double, does it matter if its mounted the other way around than what it usually is?

-if i can swap the yokes to their opposite sides is this ok?

TIA

See less See more
#2 ·
thats the double/double im working with..from what i've seen so far of these things mounted, the skinny welded side is usually mounted closer to the axle and the black thick part of the shaft is mounted to the TC side..however my driveshaft came with the TC yoke on the silver skinny welded side and the Axle side yoke on the black thick side..

-since its a double/double, does it matter if its mounted the other way around than what it usually is?

-if i can swap the yokes to their opposite sides is this ok?

TIA
Here is mine that I installed about 2 years ago. Carolina Drive Line put it on.

D30 end

TC end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.