Onboard computer display not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Onboard computer display not working

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Onboard computer display not working

Hey all, A couple of nights ago my ZJ started acting up, onboard display was going crazy, A/C display was off and only blowing towards my feet, and I had no radio and finally when I turned it off, the security light began flashing (I had not locked it) and you could hear a ticking or clicking noise coming from around the fuse box. Also, the interior lights were flickering and dim. I replaced fuse #16 I belive which was a 15 amp fuse with a 20 amp (I figured this could be because of my aftermarket radio head unit) and immediatly the security light stopped flashing and I regained control of the A/C and radio. After checking every other fuse, I still cannot get my onboard display to even show anything anymore. Any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
PlazJ
1994 ZJ 

My computer display also went out last night on my 94 GC. Just before shutting down I noticed faint red horizontal lines accross the entire display. "not good", I thought. Later when I went to leave and started backup, the display began lighting up indicators I never knew it had. It flashed on and off a couple of times then went out completely with a faint burning smell.

Guess I'll be pulling the unit out some time to attempt a repair. Clearly the power supply or some of the circuity burned. As long as no exoctic irreplaceable parts are destroyed, I should be able to return it to it's former glory. I've loooong experice at electronic repair.

Write up maybe? Or does one alredy exist somewhere?
PlazJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
MaintMech

1996 ZJ 

I've got these bookmarked, maybe they will be of use to you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...moval-1228233/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...-fixed-175207/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.