OME Lift Question.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > OME Lift Question..

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
jasn1981
2002 WJ 

OME Lift Question..

I have been searching the fourms, and can't find this answer. I found someone that had the same question, but it was never figured out...

I have a 2002 WJ with a 1.5" HD Full (Shocks and Springs) OME lift kit. Am I able to add a 2" BB spacer kit to that, and get 3.5" without all kinds of more money thrown at it?

I like my WJ how it is, but after a bit I get bored, and want it HIGHER!!!

Unread 06-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
tozar
2002 WJ 

I have the OME HD springs with 3/4 inch spacers and needed longer travel Pro comp MX6 shocks than what is required for stock suspension so you'll probably need shocks. The measured lift from hub to fender is 3 inches (18.5 stock to 21.5 lifted) with this lift and it leveled out the front to back which is nice.

Unless your springs have settled a lot, you'll be at about 4-5 inches of lift over stock with 2 inch spacers. You should just get 4 inch springs all around with new shocks.
Unread 06-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

If you throw the BB in there, at minimum should get a front adj. track bar, appropriate length shocks, either appropriate length front end links or quick disconnects, and rear sway bar links that are the correct length if you want a rear sway bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozar View Post
Unless your springs have settled a lot, you'll be at about 4-5 inches of lift over stock with 2 inch spacers. You should just get 4 inch springs all around with new shocks.
You have to more than shocks and springs at 4". The minimum you should keep the stock front track bar is 2.5". 3" is pushing the limits of it and one should be bought and also the end links will not be at the best angle.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
jasn1981
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
If you throw the BB in there, at minimum should get a front adj. track bar, appropriate length shocks, either appropriate length front end links or quick disconnects, and rear sway bar links that are the correct length if you want a rear sway bar.

Thanks. Seems like it's not really worth doing then. I don't NEED it, and I've already sspent over $600 on my current setup. I don't see any logical way of doing it other than just a full new kit, and in that case I might as well go even higher.

I just want a little more though... so sad...
Unread 06-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
TMCXJ
1996 ZJ 

another one bites the dust - victim of liftitis
"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine
TMCXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.