Old Man Emu +2" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Old Man Emu +2"

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-01-2009, 02:51 AM   #16
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
I disagree. If a tire is low on one corner, it's going to cause the suspension to be offset on the opposite side, and especially the opposite corner. That's why a vehicle with a flat tire sags and sits all awkward if you look at it from behind. 0 psi somewhere is going to give you much different readings hub to fender than all tires at 40 psi or whatever.
Are you just trying to argue for the hell of it? Nobody is going to measure their lift height with one flat tire and the rest inflated. It is the best and most accurate way to measure lift height.

Unread 10-01-2009, 05:52 AM   #17
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Are you just trying to argue for the hell of it? Nobody is going to measure their lift height with one flat tire and the rest inflated. It is the best and most accurate way to measure lift height.

Nope, I'm not. Just trying to stop the misinformation that goes around in these forums. Measuring from the center of the hub is only as accurate as the level ground the Jeep rests on...therefore saying it's the only accurate way to do it is WRONG. I'm just tired of hearing it.

In any case, back on topic... I agree the medium duty springs will cause it to sit a little higher in the rear. So I think his condition is normal.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #18
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

It is not wrong.

Measuring from the center of the hub is the correct way "IF" you are sitting on level ground. Obviously if one of your tires is: in a ditch, up on a rock or a ramp the reading will be different because of axle flex.

This takes tires size and inflation out of the equation.
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #19
JMOSS
1999 WJ 

From the hub it's a good idea, but from the ground is the same too, obivusly you have to do it properly:
levelled ground, tires with same pressure.....
Anyway, back to the topic: I know rear is higher with medium duty springs, the point is if that much is ok or not ok.
Normally with stoke is about 0.4, up country ones 0.4, ironman the same....i dont'have data on others brands.

1.2......it seems too be too much.

Do you know someone in the forum who has a wj with Old Man Emu Springs?

Just to compare......

Any sellers who can help me? Kolak come on, give me your opinon!
99 WJ 4.7V8 Limited QTII , LPG system, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow cat, Up country coil springs, Procomp MX6 shocks absorber, ADDCO swaybars & gresonable bushings, General Grabber AT2 tires, Usa spec pa-chr11 Ipod interface.

Last edited by JMOSS; 10-01-2009 at 07:03 AM..
JMOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #20
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

It's all your personal preference.

Having the rear slightly higher when unloaded is not a bad thing. When you put some weight in it, it will settle.

I personally like my rig to sit level unloaded or with a slight rake Rear to Front.
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #21
JMOSS
1999 WJ 

Slifgtly ok, 1.2" not seems slightly too me ....My fear is it can compromise genaral stability.

Right know i have loaded some staff too lose about 0.5 inch....and it run (handling ecc) much better.

Sometimes new springs can have problems and the company can change them....but i dont' want to boder them if not sure that it's a problem or not, or just a temporary problem.
99 WJ 4.7V8 Limited QTII , LPG system, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow cat, Up country coil springs, Procomp MX6 shocks absorber, ADDCO swaybars & gresonable bushings, General Grabber AT2 tires, Usa spec pa-chr11 Ipod interface.
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
JMOSS
1999 WJ 

any helps?
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #23
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Give them more time.

My ZJ HD OME coils have sagged over an inch since new. The OME coils aren't all they're cracked up to be.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #24
JMOSS
1999 WJ 

I hope so in this case!

tx

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.