OK to use Valvoline MaxLife ATF with stop leak? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > OK to use Valvoline MaxLife ATF with stop leak?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
brewcity1
2004 WJ 

OK to use Valvoline MaxLife ATF with stop leak?

Hey guys...I have a 46RE tranny in the 9er...is it ok to use Valvoline's Maxlife ATF with stop leak for it? seen here:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...B3+%26+atf%2B4

Or should I just stick with the ATF+4 stuff? It does say compatible with Chrysler.
Reason for the question is that I have a very very small leak from the front seal on my transmission, and wondering if this may help stop it, or slow it down further.
Thanks a lot for the advice and help.

brewcity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

It says: "Compatible with GM, Ford, Chrysler and Certain Import Vehicles" but it doesn't say the years. If it's compatible with atf+3 transmissions, that doesn't mean it's ok to put it into an atf+4. Same goes for dex/merc 3 & 4. I'd look on their website and see if it offers any more information.
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
brewcity1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm8881 View Post
It says: "Compatible with GM, Ford, Chrysler and Certain Import Vehicles" but it doesn't say the years. If it's compatible with atf+3 transmissions, that doesn't mean it's ok to put it into an atf+4. Same goes for dex/merc 3 & 4. I'd look on their website and see if it offers any more information.
OK...that's why I asked. Thanks for the clarification...I appreciate it.
brewcity1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.