ok, question. shorted wires in drivers door. $700 to fix???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ok, question. shorted wires in drivers door. $700 to fix????

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
jeepspl

ok, question. shorted wires in drivers door. $700 to fix????

i need a new wiring harness for my drivers side door of my 95 grand cherokee limited 4x4,V8 i was quoted at $700 and that is ridiculous. so if anyone can help me out with finding this part, i will be your *****

jeepspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
tbone31

hey man had the same problem, it was on my driver side. i removed the rubber cover and used a torx bit in the middle of the wiring harness to relase it, the wires just got pinched and some were disconected to i just spliced new ones in and used shrink wrap on the connections saved me the 700 bucks jeep wants for a replacement.

1993 zj laredo FOR SALE, check the for sale section for details. or email TL05uo@brocku.ca
tbone31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #3
Interloper

$700 bucks sounds a little steep. I had mine replaced at the local Goodyear shop for around $200, of course it took 3 weeks to get the right part in, and I even gave them the part# ( no,no, that's not what you need. ARGHH!! )

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
jeepspl

well i just called the dealership locally and the harness itself is $279 (i need the whole thing for the door bc it melted them all together) and hopefully it will just connect somewhere along the way and i wont have to do any electrician stuff.
jeepspl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.