Oil and seafoam - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil and seafoam

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
Howieb92
1998 ZJ 

OK I not that great under the Hood yet where is the brale booster line?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #655[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Howieb92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

there is a big black cylindrical thing (get your mind out of the gutter ) on the drivers side mounted on the firewall. right behind where the brake fluid goes, i think its like a yellow tank. there will be a hose going into it with or without a clamp on it, i cant remember. just pull that off and when the engine is running the hose sucks air like a vaccum. thats where the seafoam goes. and just a pointer, instead of pouring the seafoam into the hose, just put the seafoam in a cup and put the hose into it and let it suck up the water on its own. remember, a little at a time. if you are only getting one can of seafoam, use half in the vaccum line and half in the gas tank, but put it in the gas tank when the tank is nearly empty, then fill your tank with gas, that way it all gets mixed in.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
Howieb92
1998 ZJ 

Here at orielys it buy two get one free. So how much should go in the TB and vac lines?
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #655[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

if you get three, then put a whole one in the gas tank, half in the vaccum lines, half in tb, and save the other can to put in the gas tank another time
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
ScottyGunn
1996 ZJ 

I love "spirited drives"!
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #21
MaintMech
Old, and in the way.

1996 ZJ 

There's a pretty good thread on here.

Seafoam=WOW.

Search it out, it'll explain everything!

I fought Oracle and Oracle won!
MaintMech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Howieb92
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
if you get three, then put a whole one in the gas tank, half in the vaccum lines, half in tb, and save the other can to put in the gas tank another time
OK thanks much guys for all help
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
rritch
1998 ZJ 

So I am planning to sea foam my top end and add it to the gas tank to clean the injector. I have a 98ZJ 5.2L. What I am not clear about is since it is Throttle body if I still need to do it through the brake booster line of I I can just pour it into the throttle body, or if I should do both. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

when you sea foam. check your intake. if you have a v8, look down the throttle body and see if there is a divider plate in the plenum. if there is a plate you MUST add the sea foam down the throttle body. if there is no plate a large vacuum line like the brake booster line will work. either way you should remove and clean the throttle body and iac by hand once a year.

i believe 96 or 97 was the tranisition year away from the divider. no 98 i've seen has the divider, all 96's i've personally looked in have the divider, some 97's have the divider.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #25
MuddSlutt
2001 WJ 

when my intake plenum was leaking, id top off with a quart of ATF when it came close to an oil change, no problems.
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #26
Howieb92
1998 ZJ 

I seafoamed last night now instead of mid 13 MPG now its mid to high 15. MPG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.