oil pan bolt locations/rebuiding a cammed 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > oil pan bolt locations/rebuiding a cammed 4.0

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
eflipzj
1995 ZJ 

oil pan bolt locations/rebuiding a cammed 4.0

i own a 4.0 zj i'm having some difficulties trying to figure out where the oil pan bolts go. and any advice on building a mild 4.0? im new to this site any pointers would be rad.

eflipzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
StrateLOSS
1998 ZJ 

IDK if this is a serious question or not.

oil pan bolts obviously go on the pan pan. they bolt into the block, on the bottom.

please don't build an engine if you are serious with this inquiry.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
StrateLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

well, the 5/16 18 bolts go into their respective holes and the 1/4 20 bolts into the rest. nothing much attaches to the studs so don't worry about those.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
eflipzj
1995 ZJ 

in response to StrateLOSS, theres different bolts, one that look like normal bolts and ones with a stud coming off. i didn't know if i made a difference. thats water under the bridge now the engine was running but now theres no spark. thank you ratmonkey.its not the coil, it tested bad at took it back got a new one. the 4.0 has all new plugs wires distributor.
eflipzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.