Oil Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil Leak

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
frankie_b11
1997 ZJ 

Oil Leak

hey Gang,
I was doing an oil change and I noticed oil on the back of my filter. I have noticed the Jeep leaking a little drip here and there and oil spray underneath.

I origionally thought rear main seal on the leak but I was wondering would the adapter leak enough to get oil spray on the oil pan or do I now have 2 leaks?

97 zj 156,000 miles

Thanks

frankie_b11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
frankie_b11
1997 ZJ 

Anyone out there?
frankie_b11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Reiver

are you sure the old filter is torqued all the way? I changed my oil the other day and the filter is really hard to get at (mine is not lifted) since it's behind 3 bars. I thought I had torqued it all the way...what a difference a millimeter gap will make....several hours cleaning the driveway with 5 gallons of oil soak. I've never had to tq the filter that much on any of the 20-25 previous cars I've owned, although this one is much harder to get at...make sure to oil the filter before installing the new one to create a good seal

I'm building muscle in not often used areas since I have to do yoga positions on a lot of the maintenance on the WJ 4.7HO

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.