Oil Leak - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil Leak

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

http://www.energysuspension.com/univ...ust-boots.html

pretty sure Prothane makes em too

HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
stageninja
That Rigger Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome
Have them in hand from O'Reilly 5 bucks n change. Thx

stageninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stageninja View Post
Have them in hand from O'Reilly 5 bucks n change. Thx
Sweet, I like Oreilly
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
stageninja
That Rigger Guy

1997 ZJ 

Now that I have found "the leak", I believe I need to also do a plenum pan fix. After reading about that issue, I think that is where the oil is going. There is no burning oil to speak of, smell or blue smoke, but I do get engine knock when accelerating onto the freeway. What I didn't see in my research was where to order the aluminum pan. Another thought here. Even though I have no current head gasket issues, if I am replacing the valve cover gaskets along with plenum pan & gasket, should I go ahead with head gaskets since that is just 1 more step? 176669 on the clock. I did a head set a several years ago on a Lumina van with great success. Took the heads to my machine shop for the valve job while it was apart.

Unread 11-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #20
stageninja
That Rigger Guy

1997 ZJ 

Bump^^^

Unread 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stageninja View Post
Now that I have found "the leak", I believe I need to also do a plenum pan fix. After reading about that issue, I think that is where the oil is going. There is no burning oil to speak of, smell or blue smoke, but I do get engine knock when accelerating onto the freeway. What I didn't see in my research was where to order the aluminum pan. Another thought here. Even though I have no current head gasket issues, if I am replacing the valve cover gaskets along with plenum pan & gasket, should I go ahead with head gaskets since that is just 1 more step? 176669 on the clock. I did a head set a several years ago on a Lumina van with great success. Took the heads to my machine shop for the valve job while it was apart.
Its one more step, but I wouldn't do it without due cause. Who knows what you'll find, maybe a crack. It could turn into more than you want. Plus you really should drain the block of coolant or you'll get it into the cylinders and valley when the heads come off. Special 'square' wrench needed to remove the two block plugs. And the exhaust manifolds need to come off. It really is a big extra step.
Unread 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
stageninja
That Rigger Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome
Its one more step, but I wouldn't do it without due cause. Who knows what you'll find, maybe a crack. It could turn into more than you want. Plus you really should drain the block of coolant or you'll get it into the cylinders and valley when the heads come off. Special 'square' wrench needed to remove the two block plugs. And the exhaust manifolds need to come off. It really is a big extra step.
Good point about exhaust mans. could be an excuse to get Thorley headers. I do have a selection of 8 pt. sockets so draining the block isn't a big deal.

I have discovered the replacement boots don't work on moog tres. Headed to O'Reilly to get the original moog tre I ordered. Thx

Unread 11-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
stageninja
That Rigger Guy

1997 ZJ 

Original fluid leak found!!!
After finding & fixing a leak @ the tranny cooler elbow and all of the other leaks I've discovered. Today I find a fresh drop of mostly clear fluid on the garage floor. It's the seam of the ps pump reservoir. The 3rd ps pump in a string of pump replacements. Had 2 bad Cardone pumps from NAPA so I ordered a Mopar from the dealer. The dealers pump has the leak. They are replacing under warranty but it is a pain to have to continually make the same repair due to malfunctioning parts.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.