Oil in Cylinders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil in Cylinders?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Degra101
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oil in Cylinders?

I know in old engines (chevy 350's and such) you can pull the plugs (or just put in intake) just a little motor oil to lube up the cylinders, I know its safe in the old ones but what if I did that in my 4.0 ? Would it be safe you think.
What I used to do with the old ones is pull all the plugs and put just a little motor oil in each hole and let it sit over night. Then start it up and burn off the oil and it helped the top rings. Would this be something I would want to do on my 4.0 Jeep ?

Degra101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

There will be no problem putting oil in the spark plugs holes.

Just remember to reinstall the spark plugs, or you won't be able to start the engine.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.