Oil Change Service soon (need advice!)
There are a couple hundreds miles left before I'll go with my first oil change service for my '02 GC Special Edition. I prefer to go with the fully synthetic oil such as Mobil-1 SuperSyn or Royal Purple (I did not decide yet which brand will I use), and will probably go with K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter (but oil filter is not a big issue to me now). So, I have a few questions and I would appreciate any of your opinions and/or suggestions.
1. If some of you using fully synthetic engine oil, what brand would you recommend and what viscosity grade would be appropriate if I currently live in Northeast region of the US?
2. How your engine behaves with the synthetic oil? Did you feel any differences when you switched from conventional mineral oil to synthetic one? Did your engine became more quieter and running smoothly?
3. Can you note any dramatic changes with fuel consumption? Do you feel any fuel economy improvements?
4. Will my Jeep dealer provide me with the oil change service if I'll bring them my own oil (with approved and recommended API and viscosity grades)? If yes, can I trust them? I mean - can I be sure that they will definitely put in my own oil?
Thank you very much in advance for your responses!
• [URL=http://www.pbase.com/neuronull/jeep]2002 WJ Special Edition[/URL] •