oil... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > oil...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
jeepdude93

oil...

what brand and weight of oil should i use for a 93 6 cylinder grand cherokee?

-93 Gr. Cherokee laredo, slyvania silverstar headlights, Pioneer Premier dehmp740 head unit, pioneer as1767 speakers in the rear, custom mesh wire grill inserts
jeepdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2002, 06:12 PM   #2
TheTick
2007 JK Wrangler 

SAE10W30

Of course your vehicle may be new enough to get away with a synthetic oil. Synthetic can sometimes protect better, but synthetic oils are very thin. I had an 87 Wrangler that I used synthetic oil in and I found all kinds of new oil leeks with it

After some new seals, I never went lower than 10W40 again.
Unread 07-15-2002, 10:11 PM   #3
94gclimited

I use Valvoline Max Life 20w50 in my 318 with 119k miles. If you have higher mileage run either Maxlife or Castrol GTX high mileage oil. These new "high mileage" oils seem to be becoming popular but Valvoline was first so i tend to think theirs might be best at least for now.
Jason
94gclimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #4
JeepGuyRyan

I'm very happy and satisfied with the Valvoline 10W30. As previously stated by Tick, if your vehicle has low millage you might consider synthetic, but I would probably shy away from useing that on something that has over say 85,000 miles.

Make sure you use a good oil filter as well which isn't always going to be the most expensive brand out there.

Ryan
Unread 07-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #5
SBrudzinsky

I would recommend
ROYAL PURPLE "SAE" GRADES MULTI-VIS MOTOR OIL

http://www.royalpurple.com
http://www.synerlec.com/

Last edited by SBrudzinsky; 07-17-2002 at 10:37 PM..
SBrudzinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.