JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Oh no, not another lift thread! (Very simple) (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/oh-no-not-another-lift-thread-very-simple-196690/)

mr_user 09-27-2005 12:58 PM

Oh no, not another lift thread! (Very simple)

Hey all,

I've been working on a transaction with a fellow JF'er for a 3" Skyjacker kit with 4 springs, shocks, front and rear trackbars, and all lower control arms. I need the shocks anyways so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Assuming that I run my 2" spacers on top of the lift, would I need to run new brake lines as well? Would I be better off getting some 1" spacers?

Thanks
Matt

EMTimZJ 09-27-2005 01:30 PM

You will definately want some longer brake lines.

I have the RE ones that are made by Russle. I ordered them from Kolak when I purchased all my random parts for the lift.

I believe you can same some cash and get the YJ brakelines. They are longer and will bolt right in :thumbsup:

mr_user 09-27-2005 02:02 PM

Thanks Tim!

Are the extended brake lines the only thing needed to run 5"? Is there a big difference in driveshaft angles, etc. when running 5" instead of 3 or 4"?

What is the general concencus of the Skyjacker kit?

:wave:
Matt

PumaZJ 09-27-2005 02:14 PM

skyjacker is crap. but depends on what you're going for. if you just want a lift to look cool yea it'll get the job done. as for the brake lines, I have the YJ lines, they're about 4 or 5" longer than stock. this could all be found by searching.

SkyjacktZJ 09-27-2005 02:30 PM

I'm running the 3" Skyjacker kit with a 2 1/8" BB from Kevin's. So far, so good. I've had the Skyjacker kit on for about 5 years and added the BB last fall.
No extended brake lines needed for me.

I've heard the same complaints about Skyjacker before, but personally I have not experienced any of it... so far.

grandman97 09-27-2005 02:34 PM

matt- will u be able to run this guys 3'' shocks if u put the pucks under the lift and make it 5''??

EMTimZJ 09-27-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattfelner
Thanks Tim!

Are the extended brake lines the only thing needed to run 5"? Is there a big difference in driveshaft angles, etc. when running 5" instead of 3 or 4"?

What is the general concencus of the Skyjacker kit?

:wave:
Matt

I would look into the shock issue that Mike just brought up.

If you are getting the longer / adjustable control arms then you should be fine. I would look into extended bumpstops. Elliot's solution (I like it BTW) is hockey pucks + RTV = $5 bumpstops. Less if you already have the RTV just sitting there. I will definately use this in the future.

Some rear extended swaybar links would be good too. Make your own with some all-thread and few couplers and some nuts!

You shouldn't have a problem with vibes and if you do, a TC drop kit is only $35 or something close.

OH YEAH... AND QUICK DISCO's :rofl: :laugh: But I have a feeling you have this issue covered :D

Woody 09-27-2005 02:53 PM

My brake lines seemed huge, even with 5.5" they seem long. My only concern is the ABS lines. They are long enough, for now, but if I ever go longarm and 7+, I might be in trouble. I love the extra flex. Now to rear bumper w/tire carrier and sliders.

mr_user 09-27-2005 07:10 PM

Thanks guys.

I didn't even think about the shock issue, but I figure I could temporarily run the 3" with 5" of lift, as for the past 5 months I've been running factory 60k mile old shocks with a BB.

I'll keep you all updated, for 300 bucks to get me up to 5" it seems to cheap to pass up.

Matt

The time now is 08:37 AM.