Off road lights for arb front bumper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Off road lights for arb front bumper?

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

I'm looking for some round lights to mount on my arb bumper. The problem I'm having is the height between the mounting tab and the top bar is only 6 1/2". I'd like to spend under $100 for just the pair of lights new or used. I want instant on, a Euro beam type light spread, and 100+ watt bulbs These will be used mostly on country back roads and for people that drive with their high beams on at night. The mounted height can be taller than 6 1/2" as long as it's in front of the mounting bolt. This will be the only set of lights mounted on the front except the headlights.

5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Ryan with the red zj on here. I dont remeber his user but its probably the cleanest 93-95 red limited zj.

Anyway he has some 4" hids on those mounts. Those are about 180 a pair. Look at ruffstuff's site.

I am running a 20" light bar there I used some other light tabs from ruff stuff instead of those tabs. But that bar was 250. Well worth it imo.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
just_urd
1998 ZJ 

Some lights would look pretty nice on that deer catcher. Just keep in mind of proper air flow to keep that engine cool...
just_urd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_urd View Post
Some lights would look pretty nice on that deer catcher. Just keep in mind of proper air flow to keep that engine cool...
Not an issue with the way the ARB is designed.

KC lights will fit, theses were 130W Euro beams

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
just_urd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut

Just the way air flows through the bumper design? That looks pretty restricted. But, being I really don't know from any experience in this and only talking in means of how touchy the cooling of these beauties are, I'll take your word for it...
just_urd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
SAR-Swimmer
1997 ZJ 

These will be used mostly on country back roads and for people that drive with their high beams on at night. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if you are being blinded at night by someone's 55 watt output, what do you think a 100 watt light would do to them? So now you have two blinded drivers, coming at each other at whatever the speed limit is, that really doesn't sound all that safe to me. I've found that most people running hi-beams at night, tend to forget they've got them on,and a quick flash of my hi-beams, reminds them to dim. Not sure what the laws are in your area, but where I live in Canada, it's against the law to use off-road lights on public roads, in fact we can get a ticket for not having them covered while on the road.
SAR-Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR-Swimmer View Post
These will be used mostly on country back roads and for people that drive with their high beams on at night. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if you are being blinded at night by someone's 55 watt output, what do you think a 100 watt light would do to them? So now you have two blinded drivers, coming at each other at whatever the speed limit is, that really doesn't sound all that safe to me. I've found that most people running hi-beams at night, tend to forget they've got them on,and a quick flash of my hi-beams, reminds them to dim. Not sure what the laws are in your area, but where I live in Canada, it's against the law to use off-road lights on public roads, in fact we can get a ticket for not having them covered while on the road.
That comment is about one particular driver in my area. There's a guy that delivers papers at 4am when I'm on my way home from work. He has his hazards and high beams on with one low beam. It's been that way for the last year, and flicking my high beams doesn't get him to turn them off. This is on a 25 mph residential street, so I'm not concerned about an accident.
5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post

Are those the slimlite 100w euro lights with 130w bulbs? I was looking at those, but the Hella 500ff are half the price. And I've read that they work with a 100w bulb. Hell, maybe I'd run two sets of the 100w 500's. Instead of one set of one set of slimlites.
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #9
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I've got 4 of the Hella 500's with 100w bulbs in them on mine and they're great
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I've got 4 of the Hella 500's with 100w bulbs in them on mine and they're great
Which 500's are you using? And which bulbs did you put in them?
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

They're the 500 ff's. Can't remember the brand of bulbs in them though. I got them from the local AutoZone where I bought the second set of Hellas

Edit: pretty sure the bulbs are Sylvania
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

look into these http://sneveysoffroad.com/shop/highl...driving-light/

they have more watt then the typical dually light you see and i will be putting a set of these in my arb bumper to replace those amber marker lights. they are more watt then the typical dually and cheaper.

2 of those and a wiring kit from him (well worth it you'll spend more on wiring if you don't buy the kit) about 105. plus they are a nice low profile 2" by 6.5"
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondakilla98 View Post

Are those the slimlite 100w euro lights with 130w bulbs? I was looking at those, but the Hella 500ff are half the price. And I've read that they work with a 100w bulb. Hell, maybe I'd run two sets of the 100w 500's. Instead of one set of one set of slimlites.
They were 130w slimlites
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post

They were 130w slimlites
Evidently they don't make them that way anymore. The euro beam only comes with the 100 watt bulb, and the long range beam comes with 130 watt.
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Pawjob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Check out http://shop.heavygagefab.com/main.sc

1993 Wrangler, Rock Smashing Jeep, and November 2012 YJOTM... [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rockcrawling-yj-build-1428039/"]YJ Build[/URL]
1.5" SOA, Stak 3 speed Tcase, 37" Swamper M16's...ALOTS of extras
Pawjob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.