OEM splash Guards WK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > OEM splash Guards WK?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-02-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
LordGriNz

OEM splash Guards WK?

Anyone know if the OEM splash guards are mounted with any screws that go
thru a painted surface? I want to purchase them for my Limited, but if they have
to be drilled or screwed thru a painted surface, then I'm not interested in buying
them. Thanks for you help....

-Dave G.

LordGriNz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

I would assume that the mounting holes for them exsist somewhere already. I have not looked but you could see if any info about them is on www.wkjeeps.com
Unread 09-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #3
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

There are a couple of holes you have to drill. I just got some rust inhibitor paint in the hole immediately after drilling, then used a silicon gel adhesive on the screw to keep the moisture out.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you take some precautions like that...I ended up drilling holes in the bed of my old truck and didn't have any rust problems, but I did what I described above. With no protection, you will likely get rust in there since the splash guards are subject to all kinds of muck from the road.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
LordGriNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy
There are a couple of holes you have to drill. I just got some rust inhibitor paint in the hole immediately after drilling, then used a silicon gel adhesive on the screw to keep the moisture out.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you take some precautions like that...I ended up drilling holes in the bed of my old truck and didn't have any rust problems, but I did what I described above. With no protection, you will likely get rust in there since the splash guards are subject to all kinds of muck from the road.
Soldierguy, I believe we have the exact same optioned vehicles. By any chance
do you have pictures with the splash guards installed? I'm going to order up
the door entry gaurds, the front end cover/bra, and the cabin air filter. Still
not sure if its worth drilling for splash guards or not though. Would you consider
them a must? Its either that or I'll leave the front wheels alone, and maybe
install some 3M clear bra material behind the back wheels.
LordGriNz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.