Obtaining build sheet from Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Obtaining build sheet from Jeep

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-14-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
djorkboy
1996 ZJ 

Obtaining build sheet from Jeep

In a thread a few weeks ago I was told I could get a build sheet for my ZJ from Jeep. I sent them an email and they replied that they couldn't help me as my jeep was Australian delivered. They reccomended I contact Jeep Australia who would be able to give me a build sheet without any problem.

I sent an email to Jeep Australia and received a reply the other day. it said that the build sheets are categorically not available to give out under any circumstances.

From the posts I have seen in relation to this it seems that loads of people in the US have received build sheets from Jeep without any hassles, is this true or am I misunderstanding. Please let me know if you have received a build sheet so I can tell the idiots here in Australia that I know of at least x number of people who have been given them.

I think it is petty and childish that they refuse to give me a build sheet for a car I own. I merely want to clarify exactly what options my Jeep was delivered with, I cannot see any reason why that would be a problem for them.

When I was a teenager a guy I worked for had a grand wagoneer (oh man did I love that car!!!) and when we pulled the carpet out to clean it one day there was a build sheet stuck to the floor of the cargo area with sticky tape.

Last edited by djorkboy; 05-14-2004 at 08:25 PM..
djorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

I tried to get one too, only i live in Canada and said the same thing???
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
Jumper

Have you tried going to dealer and asking them for a copy?
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeh I tried that at both our local dealers and they looked at me like i had 3 eyes... they had no idea what i wanted or how to get it.
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
schaaed1

I saw the same posting you are talking about. Having just bought a used GC I was wondering what options I had as well. I sent an email, listed on teh page referenced in the post, and recieved an e-mail back with all of the options/data for my GC. When I sent the original request, I asked for it in EITHER hard copy or in the form of an email.

Good luck,

Ed S
schaaed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

I received a build sheet for my ZJ and my XJ and for my friend's ZJ (they didn't care if I owned it or not, just wanted the VIN of whatever vehicle). After all, they are only providing essentially the same information as the spec sheet that was stuck on the inside of the window when new at the dealer. No state secrets here.
As an aside, you might look inside your door panels. The actual build sheet used during assembly is often stuck in there at the assembly line.
Unread 05-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
1st95gc

I went to www.jeep.com to get mine. I believe it was in section for owners, then customer assistance, and they ask for 8 or 9 positions of your vin #. I received a email from them stating what my vehicle was equipped with from the factory. It took one or two days to get it, even told me my vehicle is involved in factory recall #B02-floor shifter secondary detent system. I have a alarm system that does not work, before I got this info I gave a dealer my vin# and they said yes you have the factory alarm, they look it up the same way. To me it doesn't matter where you live, you should be able to get the info.
1st95gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #8
Bob K

The guy in the parts dept at the local dealer printed mine for me in two minutes.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #9
Eds97ZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st95gc
I received a email from them stating what my vehicle was equipped with from the factory. It took one or two days to get it, even told me my vehicle is involved in factory recall #B02-floor shifter secondary detent system. I have a alarm system that does not work, before I got this info I gave a dealer my vin# and they said yes you have the factory alarm, they look it up the same way. To me it doesn't matter where you live, you should be able to get the info.
I just got my build sheet thanks to you guys. It also came with this info about the B02-floor shifter secondary detent system. My question is is this something I should get or does it cause more problems? How long should it take a dealer to fix this? Thanks
Unread 12-03-2004, 01:27 PM   #10
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorkboy

From the posts I have seen in relation to this it seems that loads of people in the US have received build sheets from Jeep without any hassles, is this true or am I misunderstanding. Please let me know if you have received a build sheet so I can tell the idiots here in Australia that I know of at least x number of people who have been given them.
I got one via email from DC this year.
PM me if you want a copy
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2004, 01:32 PM   #11
Lennyd69

If your still having a problem post or Pm me with your vin and email and if I get a chance I'll run it and send it to you.
Lenny
Lennyd69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #12
Eds97ZJ

Someone please answer my question above about the B02-floor shifter secondary detent system. I have an appointment at the dealer and I'm wondering if I should go through with it. Thanks
Unread 12-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #13
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Absolutely go with it. It does not cause any other problems and will correct a potentially dangerous condition.
I think dealer repair time is an hour or less (just going from memory though).

HTH
Unread 12-04-2004, 07:57 PM   #14
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eds97ZJ
Someone please answer my question above about the B02-floor shifter secondary detent system. I have an appointment at the dealer and I'm wondering if I should go through with it. Thanks
I had it done this year at the dealership when I was having transmission problems. They told me about the recall and did the work. I wasn't having any problem before and haven't had any since. Now I know dealerships make money doing this kind of work but still I was impressed that they looked it up on their own and brought it to my attention.
Just Do IT! - that should be a slogan, oh it is?

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #15
wheelytyred

I tried to get build sheet through www.jeep.com 'for owners' I live in Scotland UK and so I couldn't answer the US based questions. Made up answers like zip code etc until it accepted the form. They e-mailed back in 2 days. The also told me about an outstanding recall.

Bit of a faf getting the false answers to work, but they didn't appear to have a problem sending the info!

Jamie
wheelytyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.