O2 sens,mount where does it go ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > O2 sens,mount where does it go ???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

O2 sens,mount where does it go ???

The thing on the plug looks like its supposed to mount some where , but where?
The old one was hanging there not hooked to any thing

dsci0258.jpg  

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
SAR-Swimmer
1997 ZJ 

Your guess is as good as mine, but Haynes manual shows that sensor mounted to left side of engine, below exhaust manifold, (sensor it's self), and the wires going to a black plug that is for the oxygen sensor pick-up part of the PCM, (right rear engine compartment). IF haynes is right, and jeep didn't change wire colours, the "truck" side of the plug should have 4 wires coming out of it, 3 -18 guage, bk/lb,bk/tn,bk/or , and 1-14 guage or/db. If I were looking for that plug, I'd install the sensor end, and stretch the wire and plug out, and "swing" it in an arc, to give me an approximate location to start looking for the "truck side" plug, with a bias knowing the plug does come from PCM. The actual mounting location should be somewhere close to the end of the truck -side plug, at the distance of the sensor-side wires, probably with a little slack.
HTH
SAR-Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

I guess I wasn't very clear what I was talking about.
I was just replacing the O2 sensor. I know were it plug's into, I know where it goes, but the plastic part coming out the side of the plug. You see in pic is obviously supposed to be mounted someplace, but I don't know where, because old one wasn't mounted any place ,just hanging there.
Can't find it anywhere in the FSM
I secured it well, it to a bracket with zip ties for now.
If anyone knows where this is supposed to be mounted to (what it's supposed to be attached to) let me know.
Thanks

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oxygen sensor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.