O/D question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > O/D question

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 10-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
abraham743
1997 ZJ 

O/D question

Rebuilt my 44re and works well in reverse 1 2 3 but makes no attempt to shift into O/D. Cruise works all fuses are good and no trouble codes. Any ideas? It's a 97 with a 5.2. When O/D off switch is pushed the light comes on and makes no difference in operation. I also bought this with the transmission not working. The O/D snap ring was broken and the pressure plate was smoked. So this may have been an issue before the build

abraham743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

You just rebuilt it ? or just installed it knowing the ring was broke etc ?

Either way , did you look into the accumulator spring being broken ?
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
abraham743
1997 ZJ 

I rebuilt the trans accumulator springs are good. I bought it with the trans broke. This could have been a problem previously. I will figure it out later this week.
abraham743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Did you use all new solenoids in the trans , OD especially .

I got a 46RE with the same issue , couldn't get OD . I never did the OD solenoid before giving up and swapping in another . Same symptoms as yours .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.