NP242 transfer case - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
ZJ1716chase
1997 ZJ 

NP242 transfer case

ladies and gentlemen , i have seen the light of simplicity and it is awesome In the soon to be future i hope to install a NP242 select trac transfer case to have the option of 2wd for my zj as to save gas and also have a little more fun on sharp corners out in ocotillo Quite frankly i must say having the stock 247 tcase is kind of a luxury being that when you go from asphalt to desert you dont have to stop, pop the tranny into neutral, shift into 4wd, then go on your way, but in the city it can be quite annoying seeing a average MPG of 10.2-10.3 on the info screen of the ZJ so for my ZJ brothas who seek better MPG and a select trac durable tcase that still has the 4wd full time option, look no further! i have found a website that has all the info needed for a NP242 swap with spline counts and good tips. this helped me alot in needed details and hopefully it shall help you! http://cherokeekid5.tripod.com/t_case.htm

ZJ1716chase

Tags
transfer case swap , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.