NP242 transfer case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NP242 transfer case

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
ZJ1716chase
1997 ZJ 

NP242 transfer case

ladies and gentlemen , i have seen the light of simplicity and it is awesome In the soon to be future i hope to install a NP242 select trac transfer case to have the option of 2wd for my zj as to save gas and also have a little more fun on sharp corners out in ocotillo Quite frankly i must say having the stock 247 tcase is kind of a luxury being that when you go from asphalt to desert you dont have to stop, pop the tranny into neutral, shift into 4wd, then go on your way, but in the city it can be quite annoying seeing a average MPG of 10.2-10.3 on the info screen of the ZJ so for my ZJ brothas who seek better MPG and a select trac durable tcase that still has the 4wd full time option, look no further! i have found a website that has all the info needed for a NP242 swap with spline counts and good tips. this helped me alot in needed details and hopefully it shall help you! http://cherokeekid5.tripod.com/t_case.htm

Tags
transfer case swap , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.