NP 249 NP 242 Swap 94 ZJ 5.2 Trans Case swap / repair? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NP 249 NP 242 Swap 94 ZJ 5.2 Trans Case swap / repair?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
smkarner

NP 249 NP 242 Swap 94 ZJ 5.2 Trans Case swap / repair?

Got a transfer case goin out in my ZJ. I wanted to put in the NP 242 and I heard that 94 is the split year where it might and might not bolt up. Is there a way to know if I will have to tear that case apart and put the old NP 249 input shaft in? I didnt want to put an old shaft in a brand new case because I dont think that will work well correct? Any help would be great. I've alredy had the case apart to rebuild the viscous but the rear drive shaft broke off the differential and cracked the t case. anyone also know how to possibly dissassemble the tail housing off the np249? do i need special tools? certain precedure? Thanks for your help! email: smkarner@mtu.edu if you want.

Steve

smkarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Check THIS write up out for the TC swap

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.