Now honestly... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Now honestly...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #1
darktiger

Now honestly...

I have a 96 ZJ with 77000 miles on it, went into the dealer today to get an oil change and get the recall thing done. They call me back with a list of stuff that needs to be done.. now what would you price this at if I were to do it on my own, the dealer wants to do it for 3000... which to me sounds way too much

1. Tune up
2. New Tires (finally might get some bigger tires on there
3. Front and rear brakes
4. Catalytic converter
5. New coolant cables
6. Front wheel alignment
7. and some small misc. stuff.

... so what do you think? Thanks in advance..

One who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing...
darktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
buzzbomb

I'll give it a shot
tune up 100
good tires 800-1000
brakes 150-200
cat 120
I'm not sure what you mean by coolant cables- hoses would be around 50-60 for all
alignment 50-70

Comes out to about half what they want, hope this helps
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
automan25

My advice is to avoid dealers for most parts (especially tires; who buys tires from a dealer anyway?), and for most service work. Their prices are always higher than at an autoparts store, or at a neighborhood mechanic. They are usually quite imcompetent as well.
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.