Not good .. Help! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Not good .. Help!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
wranglersimpson
1994 ZJ 

Thanks all. I have ran it several times with the cap off and well past the thermostat opening. I can watch the level drop but that's about it. It seems that the only flow it is getting is due to gravity and not the pump...

wranglersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
FlameInGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglersimpson View Post
Thanks all. I have ran it several times with the cap off and well past the thermostat opening. I can watch the level drop but that's about it. It seems that the only flow it is getting is due to gravity and not the pump...
So, have you replaced the faulty water pump?
FlameInGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
wranglersimpson
1994 ZJ 

Yep, replaced the water pump again yesterday and the thermostat once more. I know one thing now though. She, my Jeep, is a total liar. I used an IR heat gun aimed at at all of the hot points i.e. base of the thermostat neck, coolant, upper and lower radiator hose, and even at the base of the intake nearest the head. It NEVER reads more than 194 while the gauge tells me 240. If it were 240, this thing would be blowing steam like mad! So now, which sensor runs that gauge? The white one wire "sensor" or the balck two wire sending unit? I think I am going to hook up my Snapon scanner to it and see what the computer thinks the temp is. As for the no heat ... Still barely any heat. When I took measurements of the heater hoses, the input is about 50 degrees hotter than the output from the heater core = clogged heater core.
wranglersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.