Northern Virgina Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Northern Virgina Build

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
jbadamo
1998 ZJ 

Northern Virgina Build

So I got her home last week and the last owner had already done the transfer case swap so I'm ahead of the game. Spent today taking the inside apart and fixing the bad coolant sensor message on the VIC. I also am replacing all the speakers, ordered them today, they were falling apart. Having a hard time finding tweeters for front and sound bar. I also pulled the cloth off the sound bar with the intent to paint it black and put it back but like the olive green color it is and now just going to put it back with new speakers. New speakers have built in tweeters so may just disconnect the front and bar and not worry about them.

20140824_103242.jpg

20140824_103332.jpg

front-no-tag.jpg

rear-no-tag.jpg

jbadamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

I run coax speakers in the front but I still use the front tweets, their position makes them very good and they aren't bad parts.

If anything, disconnect the rear door speakers and just run fronts and sound bar.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
NTH
1998 ZJ 

Congrats. It looks great. The speakers on my newly acquired zj are toast, too. Looking for replacements now.
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
jbadamo
1998 ZJ 

So today I replaced all the front and rear door speakers with 6.5 Kenwoods and the sound bar speakers with 5.25 Kenwoods while at the same time I disconnected all the tweeters since new speakers all have tweeters built in. Also when I took the cloth off the sound bar I found it was made of olive green fiberglass which looks good so I just cleaned it up and put it back in.

I also disconnected the mirror and seat memory buttons since every time I started truck mirrors went down and seat would go all the way up and back.
20140829_165554.jpg

20140829_165524.jpg

Last edited by jbadamo; 08-29-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Unread 08-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Clean the posistion sensors in the mirror, it may restore the functions

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
jbadamo
1998 ZJ 

Picked this up on Craigslist today not wild about losing tow hooks will find a way to get them back.
brush-guard.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.