Non Start Jeep Grand 93 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Non Start Jeep Grand 93

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #61
flash2225
1993 ZJ 

I'll do that this afternoon.

flash2225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #62
flash2225
1993 ZJ 

Big storm yesterday, so working on this right now
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #63
flash2225
1993 ZJ 

Well, it seems that the o2 sensor wiring is good. For the fun of it, i installed a TPS sensor that i got from the junkyard (the sensor that was in there was from NAPA, their top of the line), and swapped out the IAC with a junkyard part, and its idled well for 30 min, no studders or voltage drops. Is it possible with the non OEM TPS sensor, that the readings were just off, leading to a lean fuel mixture causing the o2 sensor to read bad?

I didnt get a chance to test drive it yet (pooring down rain, and i wasnt going to drag an 8 year old kid with me), that will be tomorrow. There was just a slight flutter of the RPMS after about 20 minutes of idling. Is it possible thats just the ECM relearning?
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #64
flash2225
1993 ZJ 

Well i ran it for 30 min with no problems....then stopped at the gas station and it died as i pulled to the pump. Started right back up with no CEL. Still checked and code 21 and 52 which is o2 sensor and running rich. But still ran fine.....ran fine all the way back home, no CEL after that. So weird.

Day 1 of daily driving. Ran great to work with no hickups. Idle steady just over 600 RPMS, no low voltage indications.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.