noise click sound under front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > noise click sound under front

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-02-2003, 10:57 AM   #1
ely3rd

noise click sound under front

I am hearing a single pop/click sound when I apply gas from a stop. the noise occurs shortly after applying gas. it also does it when I stop. I don't believe it is the CV axles since it doesn't do it when I turn. Also I had the viscous coupler in the transfer case replaced about 100k miles ago, so I don't think that is it??

sounds like it is coming from the differential, but hard to tell.

I have '93 jeep grand cherokee laredo V8 4WD automatic tranny. differential is NOT limited slip.

any help appreciated

Last edited by ely3rd; 07-02-2003 at 11:04 AM..
ely3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
Howler

Could be the CV front Driveshaft or the U-joints on the Double cardan. Get under the vehicle and grab the front driveshaft and shake it. You should hear the sound again if it is either of those. Howler
Unread 07-02-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
ely3rd

i recently replaced the u-joints on the front drive shaft and replaced the entire CV axle on the RHS. I guess it could be the CV axle on the LHS, but it is not clicking during turns.
Unread 07-03-2003, 06:18 AM   #4
Howler

What about the CV on the Drive shaft (not axle)? Or the centering yoke on the Double carden joint?It just sounds like the problems I was having with my Driveshaft.
Unread 07-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
ely3rd

my drive shaft doesn't have a CV and I have replace all the u-joints on the drive shaft including the double cardan.

I think it is the front left CV axle. I'll just let it go for a while. those CV axles can hold up for a while. longer than the stinkin garages tell you they will
Unread 07-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #6
Howler

Did you replace your CV Shaft? Just stricks me as odd you would have the CV axle and not the shaft. Oh well. Now that I'm confused I'll just go hide in a corner. LOL

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.