nocked fron axle out of center? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > nocked fron axle out of center?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

nocked fron axle out of center?

was out romping in the snow last night and got a jolt and a bang and now the jeep feels like it tracks wrong. checked out the track bar and it looks good, axle appears like 1" to the passenger side... any ideas?

thanks
Frank

::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Broken frame mount or track bar is the only thing that will do that.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Broken frame mount or track bar is the only thing that will do that.
checked track bar and mounts, all look good, its a newer IRO adj. track bar I installed with the lift..... ill get pics up soon
::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Check your measurements (lift height and the position of the axle), maybe your springs sagged a little since you last adjusted the TB.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

If it's 1" more to the passenger side and tracks differently, then something moved or broke.........

It's not rocket science.
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
BigDaveZJ
1995 ZJ 

Well you did something to knock it out of whack, and the trackbar is what locates the axle side to side. If it's an adjustable bar, just adjust it back to where it should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.