No Start...but only once. Have a question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No Start...but only once. Have a question

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
brewcity1
2004 WJ 

No Start...but only once. Have a question

Hey guys...My Niner wouldn't start today...but only once. Here's what happened...today at about 10:00 AM I went out to my Jeep and set off the alarm on accident. So I jumped inside, and started the car (stupid...I know)...to no avail. It died due to the alarm still on. So I pressed the unlock button, and the alarm stopped, and all was fine. I did not try to start it again. Then at around 12:30 I got in her to go home for lunch, and it wouldn't start!
It turned over and over just fine. I did this a couple of times, but nothing. So I popped the hood, and just made sure all the wires were firmly seated (I just did Kolaks tune up on Saturday), so I thought maybe one came loose. I pressed down on all of them, and the coil, and they were all fine. Nothing else looked out of place. So I tried again...and it started right up. I have now started it 6 times since then with no issues. My question is...could the security system have prevented it from starting that one time? Or should I be looking for something else?
Sorry for the long description, and thanks for ALL the help!

brewcity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

I think you successfully tested the security system for proper function, and it passed.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
brewcity1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
I think you successfully tested the security system for proper function, and it passed.

Ken
Thanks Ken...I guess so...so you think it was the security system that made the Jeep not start?
Just curious...as it was 2 hours later that it did not start.
This morning...it started right up with no issues. I just didn't know if the security system was capable of making the Jeep not start.
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yes the security system will prevent it from running. It may start and run rough but as soon as you let off the gas it will die. They are pretty buggy IMO. If your battery gets to low it will set it off too.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
brewcity1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Yes the security system will prevent it from running. It may start and run rough but as soon as you let off the gas it will die. They are pretty buggy IMO. If your battery gets to low it will set it off too.
Great...thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.