No Sound..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No Sound.....

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-24-2002, 07:37 PM   #1
Landon

No Sound.....

I have a 95 Grand Cherokee with the Infinity stereo system. I got in it the other day, started it up, turned on the radio.... but no sound. The radio operates normally, other than there is no sound, the antenna doesn't come up, and the lights on the equalizer don't light up. I have checked every fuse in the power distribution center under the hood, and also in the fuse box. I even cleaned off the connectors on every fuse with sand paper, to ensure a good connection, but all to now avail. A few days after it stopped working, it spontaneously started working again, perfectly... for about a week. Then, same thing happened again, and that's been almost a week ago. I would greatly appreciate any advice on the matter, because at this point I am completely out of ideas.

Landon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
FlynLow

Hey. Did you check the fuse in the headunit? There is a fuse inside the radio. If that does not work out then bring it to a local audio dealer. Hope that helps.
Unread 11-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
guelch

I've got the exact same problem with my stereo. I remove the head unit, opened it up and looked for a fuse but counldn't find one. Does anyone know what the fuse looks like or where it is located?
guelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #4
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure if the factory deck would have a fuse built in, check for loose connections on the back of the radio. Grab yourself a wiring diagram and a testlight or Multimeter and see if you can find any dead wires. It really does sound like a fuse though. maybe check the connections going to the radio from the fusebox.
Unread 11-17-2002, 05:05 PM   #5
Kess

i have the same thing go on, but the wierdest thing, its only when someone opens/closes the rear passenger door, and if its ever not working i open and close that door and viola!, i dont know what the hell is going on but try that....

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #6
Bob J

Sounds like the switched power lead leaving the radio isn't turning on the accessories... If fuses are ok only thing left would be a bad head unit or a faulty wire...

Kess sounds like it could be a loose wire either going through the door to the speaker, or under the carpet by the door.. do you have the exact same problem with no power antenna or just no sound?

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2002, 06:36 PM   #7
Kess

just the no sound, i have a stationary attenna

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
Bob J

might be a loose speaker wire in the door.

I had a similiar problem that the radio would go quiet over big bumpers and come back after the next.. what happens is the radio amp detects a short and instead of running the risk of burning out it just turns off..

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2002, 06:43 AM   #9
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob J
Sounds like the switched power lead leaving the radio isn't turning on the accessories...
If that is the case, if you have the infinity setup, the amp is turned on by the switched lead also. if the amp is not being turned on, you will get no sound, check for power and signal going to the amp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.