No Signal Lights???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No Signal Lights????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Grand93Cherokee
1993 ZJ 

No Signal Lights????

So I have absolutely no signal lights. I have tried multiple switches, new flasher and new fuse. Before the switch change I had no signals, and all my hazards worked except for the right front. Once I made the switch change all of the hazards worked but no signals still. I have checked all the bulbs and all are good. I am completely out of ideas.

Unread 06-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

I would start by checking the sockets. Mine had green powdery corrosion that I had to clean out because of intermittent blinking problems. Also wiggle the wires and see if there is a short. If I remember correctly there is a fuse under the hood that controls them too, but I'm not positive. Can't hurt to check them. Did you also check relays? Could also be a bad ground somewhere.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

If your hazards work, then everything beyond the switch should be good, same wiring/lamps.

There are two flashers, one each for signals and hazards, both plugged into the Convenience Center. Did you replace the signal flasher?

Signals and hazards feed from two different fuses, signals use Fuse#16 20amp. Is this fuse good? Blown fuses can appear good, measure with a meter or swap it out.

For signals, there should be 12v from the convenience center to the switch... check the BLK/ORG wire at the switch for 12v.

If there is no 12v on the BLK/ORG wire, then...
Check the Convenience Center for burnt wires, relay contacts, etc. The signal wire from the Convenience Center to the switch could also be bad.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
Grand93Cherokee
1993 ZJ 

Old thread but I'm clearing out my subscribed and hate when people never come back with a fix.

Issue was cause by wire being pulled from the back if the fuse panel in the cab. Hopefully this helps someone one day.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.