No power to rear gate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No power to rear gate

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Badphish

No power to rear gate

I purchased a 97 zj with a bad motor now that thats fixed I have a couple of other issues. My rear gate doesn't allow my interior to turn off the window poper doesn't work and the wiper doesn't work. The only power I have Is to the alarm contact on the key. Is there a diagram that shows what the wires are and the color code?

Badphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
JS97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

You probably have some disconnected connectors in the rear hatch. Just in case,
1.png   2.png   3.png   4.png  
JS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Liftgate or Liftglass ajar switches may not be adjusted/working properly. If it appears one(both) is open, rear wiper/washer is disabled and courtesy lights stay on. Try disabling the courtesy lamps by pressing the liftgate light lens (with all other doors closed).
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Badphish

Thanks for the wiring diagrams this will help as I don't have power at the plastic conection at the top of the gate tis will give me more to trouble shoot from
Badphish is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.